C McEntee is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of C McEntee in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
· C McEntee
· Contact details of C McEntee
· When we refer to ‘we’ it is C McEntee
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Who are we?
We are a small family run offlicence in Kells, Co. Meath. We sell quality wines, beers and spirits both instore and online. We can ship products to anywhere in Ireland including Northern Ireland.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
· Emily McEntee
Purpose for processing your data
· On Occasion we may use your personal information to send out newsletters by email, to unsubscribe to these reply to any email you receive and we will take you off our mailing list
· We will only use your email address for these newsletters and on occasion we may use your phone number to contact you regarding any issue with an order
· We will not give your personal data to any third party without your consent
Why are we processing your data? Our legal basis
[This area will vary greatly based on the site, for instance, for a brochure site you may explain what you do with the data sent via contact form(s) (enquiries, quote requests etc) whereas an e-commerce site will collect personal data at checkout for order fulfilment and based on terms and conditions this may form a contract]
In order for us to provide you with your purchase C McEntee need to collect personal data for Delivery. Our reason for processing your data under the GDPR is:
· C McEntee needs to process your data as this is necessary to fulfil your order.
· We may ask you to provide a copy of your I.D to ensure you are of legal drinking age, this will only be used for these purposes or in a court of law as evidence that we are upholding the law.
In any event, C McEntee are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will C McEntee use the personal data it collects about me?
C McEntee will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Who are sharing your data with?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to C McEntee in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with C McEntee procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
The third parties that we pass your personal data to are:
· Richard Drew and sons accountants
We have issued all our third party processors with a Data Processor checklist asking them GDPR specific questions
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
Data subject rights
C McEntee facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
· Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
· Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
· Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
· Right of portability: you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
· Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
· Right to object to automated processing, including profiling: you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
· Right to judicial review: in the event that C McEntee refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. C McEntee will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by C McEntee or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and C McEntee data protection representatives Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any queries, questions or comments regarding this Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.